The Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration requires that applicants and holders of Commercial Drivers Licenses be physically examined every two years.
The Administration sets guidelines a person must meet in order to qualify. Some examples are:
- No loss of a leg, a foot, an arm or a hand
- No impairment of hands or fingers which interferes with grasping
- No impairment of an arm, foot, or leg which interferes with ability to perform duties
- No diagnosis of insulin dependent diabetes
- No diagnosis of the following
- coronary insufficiency
- myocardial infarction
- angina pectoris
- any other cardiovascular disease of a variety known to be accompanied by syncope, dyspnea, collapse, or congestive cardiac failure.
- No medical history of a respiratory dysfunction that interferes with ability to control a commercial vehicle safely
- No current diagnosis of high blood pressure which interferes with ability to drive a commercial motor vehicle safely
- No medical history of arthritic, neuromuscular, muscular, orthopedic, rheumatic, or vascular disease that interferes with ability to control a commercial motor vehicle safely
- No epilepsy diagnosis or any other condition which is likely to cause unconsciousness.
- No nervous, mental, organic, or functional disease or psychiatric disorder which interferes with ability to control a commercial vehicle safely
- Visual acuity of at least 20/40 (Snellen) in each eye with or without corrective lenses
- Ability to recognize colors of traffic signals (red, green, and yellow)
- Ability to hear a forced whisper no less than 5 feet away with or without a hearing aid
- No history of any drug or controlled substance abuse including an amphetamine, a narcotic, or other habit-forming drug.
- No history of alcoholism.
AFC Urgent Care in Danbury CT perform DOT Physical on site. Our providers, Iftikhar Ali, MD, and Evangeline Specht, MD, as well as Jason Fedak, PA and Haig Dodakian, PA are all registered with the National Registry to perform DOT physical, in both of our walk in clinics. Appointments are never needed. We are open night and weekends to fit your schedule.
Call us today or drop into either of our facilities located at 2 Main St or 100 Mill Plain Rd in Danbury, CT.