Are you preparing to go back to work?
“Essential Workers” in the U.S including doctors, nurses, bus drivers, and grocery clerks have continued to work throughout the pandemic. But among the millions of people who have been furloughed or are teleworking for a month or more, some are now asked to return to work. You might have questions on how to keep your workplace “COVID-19 free” and what safety precautions you should take. AFC Urgent Care Danbury is here to help you return to work safely in Connecticut after COVID-19.
When is it safe to return to work after COVID-19?
As a business owner, you are probably eager to open up, but this step demands certain guidelines and requirements in order to stop the spread of COVID-19 and keep everyone safe. June 17th is right around the corner and employers and employees need to take the same precautions as they did in Phase 1, but for phase 2. employers may choose to screen employees before entering the building; a process that might include screening questions or physically taking workers’ temperatures.
Those who show symptoms should be encouraged to stay home and follow CDC-recommended steps. If workers have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19, it is advised that they remain at home and practice social distancing for 14 days.
COVID-19 Return to work plan
The most important thing to remember during phase 2 is that the pandemic is NOT fully over and we should still act like it may come back with a second wave or continue. What we don’t want is to move backwards. Here are steps all employers can take to reduce workers’ risk of exposure to Covid-19:
- Employees shall be required to wear a mask or other cloth material that covers his or her mouth and nose while in the workplace.
- Hand sanitizer and antiseptic wipes should be available for workers who are coming into regular contact with communal surfaces or serving customers.
- Communal areas and surfaces should be regularly disinfected. CDC guidance recommends that “surfaces frequently touched by multiple people, such as door handles, desks, phones, light switches, and faucets, should be cleaned and disinfected at least daily.”
- Employers should ensure that staff can maintain a six-foot distance from one another– by moving furniture or desks to separate workstations, operating at a reduced capacity, or staggering shifts to decrease the number of people who are in the workplace at one time.
- Physical barriers, such as plastic dividers, are also another alternative to protect workers.
- Deliver services remotely (e.g. phone, video, or web) where practical.
- Deliver products through curbside pick-up or delivery when possible.
More information on Safe Workplace Rules for essential employers and employees can be found here: https://buff.ly/2MxC4mk
Get Cleared for work At AFC Urgent Care Danbury
AFC Urgent Care Danbury is open 7 days a week and is ready to help businesses open up safely during COVID-19. Our 3 urgent care centers located on 2 Main St., 100 Mill Plain Road, and 76c Newtown road offer diagnostic (PCR Nasal Swab) and antibody (Serology Blood draw) testing with results in 24-48 hours.
You don’t need a doctor’s referral or note to get tested at our center. We encourage you to register for an AFC TeleCare visit: https://buff.ly/2R0r03D to get prescreened and then schedule a time to come in for testing. Our TeleCare method is the safest and easiest way to do everything in advance like:
- Asking our providers any questions virtually
- Scheduling a time to come in
- Inputting your insurance
This way when you do come in for testing it’ll be a quick process and we’ll have you out in no time.
You can also call ahead or walk-in. We’ll meet you at our curbside or your car for additional information and questions. Our hours are from 8 am to 8 pm and you can call any of the following numbers for questions and scheduling:
-2 MAIN STREET, DANBURY: 203.826.2140
-100 MILL PLAIN ROAD, DANBURY: 203.826.2600
-76C NEWTOWN ROAD, DANBURY: 203.826.8434
*A message to Employers:
AFC Urgent Care Danbury also offers mobile testing for businesses interested in testing staff. You can email us at [email protected] to learn more! Our staff will be able to set up a tent outside of your facility to perform testing.